View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Nicknyte
**Active Duty**

Nicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to allNicknyte is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd91 View Post
Hopeful future nuke her. Won't be shipping out til may. Am married with one newborn child. Wondering what the housing accommodations are like while at charleston. Is the housing on base or contracted out? How are the accommodations for married sailors and there family overall?
Sorry it took a couple months to get back to you.

Housing is on base and contracted to balfour beatty. The accomadation's for us is pretty good. Where I live at near the commissary, I can get to the Rickover Center within 10 minutes. You will need to bring your PT clothes into the Rickover or in the lockers, since you will PT 3 times a week. Don't go on FEP, or you will exercise M-F. If you need to do family stuff, such as doctor appointments and checkups, Aschool sucks for it because if you miss a Lab, you get rolled back. Power school, I went to the doctor for my wife multiple times while she was pregnant. Usually, talking to your SLPO, which is basically your Chief/Petty Officer in charge of your class you are in, will help you, as long as your request is earnest.

Just be prepared to be out of the house a lot more than in it. The school is tough, and I usually put in 10-15 hours of study a week. Just talk with your spouse to let them know that it will get a bit rough from on out.

NUKE WAIVER SIGNED: 20140904
SHIPDATE: 20150128
GRADUATION: 20150206
ASCHOOL GRADUATION: 20150925

Let me know if you have any questions on the pipeline! -ETN3 Nicknyte
Nicknyte is offline   Reply With Quote