View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #15
Tay

Tay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
Strongly recommend you don't talk to active duty folks as if you already know exactly what's going to happen.

You seem to be under the impression that by "learning from others' mistakes", you can be the "perfect" RCPO. It won't happen. RDCs are going to be just as interested in your failures, and how you handle them, as your successes.

If you want to get advanced in boot camp, be excellent at whatever you do, own your mistakes WHEN (not if) you make them, and help others if they need it. Don't slack off if you get an unglamorous job, either. If you get assigned Toilet Paper Petty Officer (we had one: his job was to make sure every roll in the head was stocked and dressed just so at all times), you keep those rolls in perfect condition and you do it with pride.

If your best efforts don't get you advanced, get over it and move on. Sometimes even your best work goes ignored. If you give up because of that, you don't deserve the credit anyway.
You say this as if you know exactly what's going to happen.

If I had the position I would give it my all, but If I knew the ropes to this job good then my all my work would sum up better than if I didn't have a clue. And I never said anything about giving up.