View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Mavyboy

Mavyboy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaynvy View Post
Hey everyone, I ship out on February 18th, 2015 and I haven't been able to find any updated information about what goes down as a PACT-Airman. ie: what happens after boot, how long to strike for a rate, if I work hard enough in boot to advance to E-3 and how long to strike then, what my duties might consist of at my first station, and if I request a specific location even as Undes Airman and the location is definitely not a desirable one what the odds are of getting it? Tons of questions I know, but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks! hooyah
While I can't speak from experience (I ship 20150408 as PACT Seamen), I can say that it is possible to achieve E-3 in Bootcamp, I know this because of the very helpful sailors on this forum. Pass your DEP-test in basic, and your first PFA and you will become E-2. Now after that it is up to the RDC's to determine if you are worthy of advancement to E-3. (Basically be the best damn Sailor in your division) RDC's can advance up to 10% of their division.

As far as PACT SN goes, and im sure it's the same for all the PACT programs.. You can strike for a rate that you qualify for prior to E-4 exam. So from E-1 I believe that is 2 years. From E-2 that would be 1 year and 3 months, and from E-3 that would be 6 months. Again don't quote me on this, lol. The PACT Airman may be different I'm not sure.
Hope that helps some!
Mavyboy is offline   Reply With Quote