View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #2
Barbazu

Barbazu is on a distinguished road

We met with "classifiers" in boot camp, but their jobs were primarily to make sure we were getting sent to the correct A school. He will most likely get his official orders to the fleet while in A school. Usually a couple weeks out from graduation. Generally, only the top two or three in the class really get a chance to say where they'd like to go. And that's not very reliable. However, if he gets in good with his chief and has good grades then you'd be amazed at the strings they can pull to get him where you'd like to go. I'm a PS (also went to Meridian with LS's) and this one dude in my class did NOT want to be on a ship. Well, he got orders to a carrier. He met with our chief and basically begged her to talk with the detailer for him. She did. Now he's living it up in sunny California living the shore-side life. So, it is possible to get what you want. But it may takes some begging and crying I get it. As far as being able to choose from boot camp... probably not. Probably just a classifier thinking they got more power than they actually do. But don't quote me on that.

EDIT: BTW, I've come to realize that LS is one of the coolest rates. He'll love it.
Barbazu is offline   Reply With Quote