View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywife811 View Post
Can someone clear something up for me? My husband is halfway through boot camp right now and was able to call me today. He told me he met with a classifier and got to tell him 3 places and 3 types of ships he would like to be stationed at. He said he was told that in the next two to three weeks he would be getting his orders for where we would be stationed, but that they could still change by the end of A school. His A school is only two months long. (LS)

My husband and I did a lot of research about the navy before he went to boot camp so I know you usually get a dream sheet that you fill out during the last few weeks of A School. Then the detailer would look at that and possibly consider it when choosing your orders.

Has something changed? Do you always meet with a classifier this early on or is this something new?
Barbazu is correct that the classifier he met at Boot Camp is basically there just to verify paperwork. They just make sure you're getting set up to get to the right places after Boot. They have nothing to do with your eventual duty station or anything like that. You will get your actual duty station orders towards the end of A-school.

Dream sheets are hit and miss. Not everybody uses them and the detailer might not even look at them. It really depends on the rate, the detailer, manning levels, all kinds of things. What you guys need to understand is that you're extremely junior and your orders will most likely be needs of the Navy (ie they send you where you're needed). If they give you options for input then awesome, give it! But it's not a guarantee, so just understand it for what it is. Same thing with the top of the class thing; not everybody uses that. So if they do, awesome. If not, it's not something they owe you or some kind of rule they have to follow.

Hopefully that gives you a little clarity ^_^ Most LS's I've ever met enjoy their job so I'm sure there's going to be an upside no matter where you're assigned!

/r
CTT1