View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcTECH View Post
Thank you both for your quick replies.

CTT1(SW)Griffin: I know going straight from Marine Reserves to Navy Active is kind of an odd situation. Is it even possible to be done by bypassing the middle step of converting to Navy Reserve?

Thank you for that link. I took a look at the manning level documents. It says the current manning for E-5 for sea+shore is 91.3% which doesn't look too good for me, but at least it is still less than 100! It mentions conversion quotas via waypoint and says that for RC/AC for E-5 the YG's they are accepting are 2005-2009. Can you explain what YG is?

Keep the information coming! I can digest it lol, it is really helpful. If you aren't sure on these questions do you have a possible contact number for someone who might be able to answer besides a regular navy recruiting station? I am going to check out a different station after work today to see what they have to say.

-usmcTECH
Sorry for the late response man.

So I've been looking around for an instruction that details the process, but I'm not finding anything useful. I'll keep digging though, but for now all I've seen is you having to go RC first.

YG is short for Year Group, aka what year you joined. Your Career Counselor will be able to calculate that for you though, since you're prior service I would imagine that changes the math a bit.