View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #5
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand you fill out the form and your recruiter submits it to someone higher up than them. Then your DAR goes in a stack. Whoever handles them gets word when someone drops out of dep or changes their contract so they are no longer shipping at that time/ with that rate. That person picks some DARs off the top of the stack and offers it to the recruiter responsible for that Depper. Recruiters call those Deppers and get a yes or no on whether the deppers wants that contract. First recruiter to call back with a yes gets the contract. If you say no to the rate/date you get put at the bottom of the stack. Every month the person handling DARs tosses all of the previous months DARs so it is imperative that you make sure your recruiter resubmits your DAR every month. Getting a DAR really depends on how many flakes there are in your general region(I guess) and how open you are to other rates. Good luck man.

Also I don't really recommend doing this but if you get down to the last few weeks with no DAR and you are still having doubts, you can walk away. Your recruiter will be pissed but until you sign the final contract before you leave MEPs on your ship date you don't have a legal obligation to the Navy.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote