Thread: New CTM aboard!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 01:42 PM   #9
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLinux View Post
Hello CTT1,

I have a little bit of a unique situation. I am a prior enlisted AE3 that HYT out of the Navy back in 2013. Right before I got out, I retook the ASVAB and my line scores (246) qualified me for the rate that I wanted (CTN). Now, I am attempting to enlist into the reserves as a CTN3 (550% overmanned, as of now). I have been playing the waiting game for CTN3 to open up. I have the options of going SELRES through either the PRISE-R program or DPEP. Most people don't know what DPEP is. Depending on the deciding authority, I'd be able to go into the reserves as a CTN3 or an IT3 solely base off of work experience, certifications, and college credits that apply directly to CT operator work.

I know that you may be partial to CT ratings but chances are, I might not get CTN3 because it's CREO3. Would it be worth the extra wait to get CTN? The reason behind me HYTing out was due to the fact that I kept getting overmanned rates. PS (AD)>AE (FTS). Also, if by some miracle I do have a chance at CTN, would I get disqualified due to the fact that I was very briefly married to a Jamaican girl who isn't a citizen? This wasn't a deep situation. Just young and really, really dumb. Mind you, this was 8 years ago.
Hey shipmate, thanks for reaching out!

First off, cleaver user name ;) I see you there haha

So on the CTN/IT side of things, have you contacted the SELRES community managers yet? There's two sides to the story: what the paperwork says and what the situation actually is in the force. Seeing as CTN2 and IT2 are both CREO 1, I would expect room to open up below that as most of those guys should move up at some point. A good place to inquire would be the SELRES community managers for those rates. Their entire job is to help manage these things and usually they are very approachable and willing to answer questions. The contact number for Technical Advisor (TECHAD/Community Managers) is (901) 874-4338. Give them a call and they can put you in contact with the CTN and IT TECHADs respectively.

I don't see the Jamaican girl being a huge issue in your investigation process. It's almost out of scope anyway (TS goes back 10 years) and it sounds like you didn't keep contact. The investigators will look at you as a whole, not just one part about your past, when deciding to grant clearance or not.

Let me know if you need some further support or clarification!!

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote