View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #87
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVYCASTRO View Post
Hows its going CTT1,

How would you say the work/life balance is as a CTI or CTT? How often would you say i am able to see my wife and son?
Thanks for the response in advance.
CTI and CTT are totally different worlds, but I'll touch on both.

As a CTI you're 99.9999% likely going to a NIOC (so you'll be shore based). That being said, it's going to be a pretty average 0700-1600 working day like a normal job. You may have a watch rotation in there, but it still will be a very average work week.

CTTs however can go to a ship (and most do). While in port on non-duty days you'll be there 0700-1600. Days you're on duty though you're going to be there a full 24hrs. The average ship has 4-5 duty sections, so every 4-5 days you would be staying over night. Don't stress that though, its not a huge deal. The ship will also get underway from time-to-time and also will obviously deploy; so you would be gone for those as well.

Don't let sea duty discourge you though. Most of the crew had a wife and kid at home and it wasn't an issue. Plus you're only going to go see the world if you're on a ship. Guys on shore duty don't get to have crazy adventures overseas. For example, I did 30 countries in about 2 deployments... So take that for what its worth (I was on an FFG).

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSPOOK32 View Post
Do you know any information about CTR C-schools? I haven't really been able to find anything on that topic so any info is appreciated!
Could you be more specific on what exactly you want to know? Just talking about a C-school is a pretty broad topic. =]

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote