View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #305
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin_andres View Post
Hello. Update: I swore into the navy yesterday with an Aircrew contract, I leave May 18th. Any tips for me to prepare aswell as tips once i get in? I have been training for this job in the physical aspect. I've been swimming 5 miles a week for quite some time. Along with running 30-40 miles a week. Also lifting weights and doing as many bodyweight exercises i could think of. Any tips would be much appreciated.
If you're doing all that then you should be fine. Body weight exercises are the way to go! Being able to bench a lot is great if you're in a weight lifting competition, but at NACCS it's about how long you can do it for and how many reps you can do.

For the running, I would say you don't need to do that much distance. The longest run we did was around 5 miles (grad runs). So instead of just pure distance, switch up days between distance and then sprint intervals. The sprint intervals will help with your run times while the distance keeps your cardio up. The biggest thing a lot of people failed on was that last PST test. Having a crappy run time is what sank the vast majority of the guys who failed.

As far as swimming goes, just make sure you're comfortable in the water. You'll be doing plenty of endurance swims and each day you'll be doing treads with more and more gear on (ie flight suit, boots, vest, helmet, etc).

/r
CTT1