View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #2
scott.henry

scott.henry is on a distinguished road

I was in a discussion on another forum about attrition rates at Nuke School and a thought came to me that falls under the "making it through the pipeline" banner. While there is a fairly high attrition rate compared to other programs in the Navy (except maybe BUD/S), the vast majority of the attrition in the Nuke Pipeline is not academic. Sure, there are people who just can't hack it academically but, for the most part, the instructors are able to help most everyone enough to get a passing grade. The major source of attrition at NNPTC comes in the form of underage drinking. Trust me folks, if you are headed to Nuke School and you are not 21, steer clear of alcohol. If you are of age, don't provide it to those that aren't. Both will get you in deep, deep doo-doo! And Heaven help you if you get busted for DUI. You're pretty much going to get crucified at that point. Oh yeah, it doesn't just suck for the people that get busted either. It sucks for everyone else because now you have to sit through hours of lectures about stuff that should be common sense like drinking and driving is bad. So, if you want to make it through Nuke School, keep your head in the books and stay off the sauce and you'll do fine.

"If you can't write it down, you don't understand it."
-ADM H.G. Rickover

Last edited by scott.henry; 06-13-2017 at 11:11 PM.
scott.henry is offline   Reply With Quote