View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 04:30 PM   #192
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGirl2015 View Post
My eyes are pretty bad so would I just use glasses in the pool? Only other option is contacts with goggles or prescription goggles. Going without anything isn't rrally an option for me since my eye sight is so bad. And, since I'm curious, what aircrew jobs get stationed in San diego?
You won't be allowed to wear glasses or contacts from what I recall... as long as you can see general shapes, you'll be fine... there's no real precision as long as your form is proper. My buddy was almost over the 20/400 disqualifier and was able to manage.

Rescue Swimmers on MH-60R and MH-60S helos are the majority of Aircrew in San Diego... there's also some Reserve AWF's in a C-40 squadron, and some Active Duty AWF's in a C-2 squadron. There are also some AWO's and AWV's working with the SEALS doing... things. Down the road for your shore duty, there's the option of being a SERE Instructor or doing work for JPRA... as well as AWO opportunities piloting LCAC's up near Camp Pendleton.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote