View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
vabchsue

vabchsue is on a distinguished road

I think it had a lot to do with not being able to have a car and having to depend on buses, cabs or walking to get anywhere. He did go in the duty van to Gulfport a couple of times, plus, he was excited to go to New Orleans to see the Globetrotters. He was still surprised by the damage that was still seen from Katrina, both in Biloxi, AL and in New Orleans (and the trip to there). I know it wasn't the heat and humidity, we get that every summer here in Va Beach. He just isn't at all crazy about having to head down there if and when he does C school. Some time ago, another AG mom forwarded an article to me. It had something to do with civilians will be replacing the AG's in the towers, or something like that. I'm asking around though and I've e-mailed the mom that sent that article to me to see if she still has it, or remembers it. if I do find out though, I'll post it here. Who knows, it may have just been one of those "rumors" anyways, right? We love having him back here in VA, but now we sort of wish he had gotten San Diego so that we could go and visit. Dan (hubby) was stationed out there on a pre-com ship and he loved it out there. That's on our to-do list even if Michael doesn't get orders there.

Last edited by vabchsue; 05-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.
vabchsue is offline   Reply With Quote