View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyrunescapeo9 View Post
That's exactly as I was feeling, I thought flying was something I would like and it's absolutely not. Have you ever heard of any one dropping flight status or rerating at basic? I'd really like to leave on my original ship date regardless, but I don't want to screw myself or others in the process. Is that possible at basic, or is that just an absurd question?
They're not going to drop or re-rate you at RTC unless you are medically disqualified from flying (Something you have no control over)... the reason being is that RTC is designed to pump you out 8 weeks after you arrive; they don't have the time or facilities to hold you while you voluntarily wait for a new rate. If you try to DOR, they're gonna tall you to talk to the folks when you arrive at NACCS... and NACCS is just gonna put you on hold cleaning toilets until they can figure out what to do with you (Assuming they can't just send you across the street undesignated).

Trust me, dude... you'd rather delay your ship date and re-rate prior to leaving than sit on hold while the Navy drags its feet to find a purpose for you.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote