View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #10
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by renelove0429 View Post
Ahh, I see. See I'm familiar with the military ranks and all ( 4years of Army JROTC ) but schooling and all that I have no clue what so ever about haha. Another question, Does CTT get deployed a lot??
Depends where you get orders to really. We can get sent anywhere from ships, subs, aircrew, spec war, or shore based facilities all over the world.

Since he's going the tech route, he's gonna be a SLQ-32 technician, which means he's going to a ship. What class of ship (DDG, CVN, etc) depends on what version of the SLQ his class gets trained for, as different ships have different versions of the system.

The average shipboard schedule for deployments goes on a cycle of maintenance/repairs, then training/certifications, then a 6-8 deployment, then back for maintenance/repairs and the cycle starts over again. It's a safe bet to expect a deployment every 1.5 years. He'll probably 2-3 deployments during his enlistment.

/r
CTT1