View Single Post
Old 11-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #266
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navywife160 View Post
My Husband is on his 4th day of bootcamp.
He went in as a AW
From what I understand he will choose his specific job at ACC school.
Can you explain what ACC school is?
Welcome!

Naval Aircrew Candidate School (NACCS) is a 3-week training course consisting of physical training, water survival, and flight physiology courses. I could go into detail about it, but this thread, and this video will cover more than enough information for you...

Prior to the last week of NACCS (After Hell Week), he will be able to list his preference of AWO, AWV, or AWF in order from 1-3; the instructors will then determine what rates are needed at the moment, and assign as necessary. With the current transition and reshaping of Naval aviation, he's most likely to get AWO... though AWF and AWV do still come out.

From NACCS, he'll go on to his respective "A" School, where he'll choose his sub-billet and aircraft type before continuing on to his Fleet Replacement Squadron and SERE before reporting to his initial command. In total, he'll probably be in training commands for ~2 years, and you'll be able to live with him at his FRS when he reports there in ~8-12 months.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote