View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Bingle

Bingle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGB View Post
Wow! Cool I haven't heard from any other AV's yet. I hope I will get AT, but obviously I won't know that for a while. I ship March 5th. I'm 68.5" and weigh 124 so I'm not so far off from where you were haha. I still got 3 months though so I'm going to work my ass off between now and then to get in better shape.

So most AT's get sent to a C-school afterward?
Everyone I've known that had graduated has been sent to C school. I honestly can't think of any platform that wouldn't need a C school. A school is just basic overall knowledge of aircraft and their operations. Then course it base on the f-99 (it's really a f-18 but hey just changed it for training purposes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by colabottles View Post
Haha you are the opposite of me. I am currently under my max weight by 4 lbs, so hardly at all! I have made progress though, and have lost almost 25 lbs since the summer to be able to DEP in. I recently hit the 3 mile mark while running. I am hoping to DEP in this month.

I haven't been to MEPS yet, but I did the test in the recruiter's office and got an 83 on it (weird!) and my recruiter assured me I would be fine on the real one since most people tend to score higher.

Is it true that there is a high chance of being able to switch jobs if AV is not available at MEPS the day I go? My recruiter assured me but I can't help but take everything said with a grain of salt.

Once again, thank you for putting this thread up!
There are going to be many jobs offered to you if you get an 80+ on the real test, and you should. They classifier is prob going to try to get you to go nuke, because they need people in that field. I was going to go nuke at first, took the nuke test and passed it and everything. You are not locked into a job until you leave for boot camp, although once you sign on the dotted line (er put your finger print on the scanner is actually what happens now) it's hard to change your rate. Not sure if I answered your question if not let me know.
Bingle is offline   Reply With Quote