Thread: New CTM aboard!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
SpootyPuff

SpootyPuff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTT1(SW)Griffin View Post
There's a reason there's nothing out there about CTs; CTMs included. We work in the dark on purpose.

You'll work with any aspect that involves keeping the gear running and running the way it needs to be.

Get used to answers that are too short to tell you anything; it's kind of our hallmark haha Sorry!

/r
CTT1
Slowly getting used to it
I'm just super happy to be a future-part of the CT community. I was wanting the CTN rate however it wasn't open at the time. I hope the CTM is able to cross-rate to a CTN later on in my career... but who knows, I might actually love the M-branch more. I have a degree/certs in network admin and cybersecurity hence I'm holding on to the idea of working on software side of things.

I did see some NEC's for +E-5 CTM's that may work on network configs(9302) so it looks like I might not be stuck on just connecting wires and plugging/unplugging stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalxhottie View Post
Congrats Spooty!! I wish you the best and I hope that you get through school without any issues. I know it would be ideal to know some stuff before getting to A-school, but it is extremely vital that it stays "dark."

Im excited to see if I could possibly join the ranks of the spooks, but we shall see
Thanks much! Crossing fingers for you as well!
I found this site to be informative in terms of what rates were available:
https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2015/04...uarter-fy-2015

CTI and CTM were open at the time I was in MEPS as well as the others listed, though that may have just been by chance.
SpootyPuff is offline   Reply With Quote