View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #97
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblestone View Post
For the SSBI, what do they do? My understanding is that they talk to a bunch of people you have known and not all of them are people you put down on the background investigation. I wasn't a bad kid, never in legal trouble (couldn't have worked in the dept. of corrections if I had been!), but I have known people in high school with questionable moral backgrounds. If someone decides to try to diss my name, they wouldn't automatically disqualify me, right? It seems like they would talk to me about the results they came up with
Cobblestone:

The people assigned to your case are seasoned investigators, they can tell who's worth trusting and who isn't. The reason they branch out on your contacts like that is to see if they can find anything you or your close circle of friends might not tell them. But they have a good sense for what's reliable and what isn't. They will also go over any issues or discrepancies with you to get some clarification.

So long story short, just be honest about everything and it will work itself out. They're looking at you, not some other person! If everything you tell them checks out then you'll be fine. Don't sweat it.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote