View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #89
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureSPOOK32 View Post
Yah sorry bout that. I guess I was wondering what they go more in depth about if that makes sense. And how likely is it that I'll even get a cschool or is that hard to tell? And also are they all going to be at Corry? Sorry if I'm still being kinda vague lol :P If so I'm sure I'll find out eventually. And thanks in advance!
Well I'm assuming you already know vaguely what a CTR does, so I'll touch more about the actual school system, billets, and Corry. If you want me to elaborate on CTR life more I can do that too.

As far as A-school goes, you'll most likely be on a pretty regular schedule;
(This is a very rough idea of a normal day, don't take the times to be written in stone)
Wake up and get breakfast at the galley
Go muster up with your class and march over to the school house
In class probably from 0800-1130
Break for lunch
Back in class by 1300
Remain in class until probably 1600ish
The rest of the day is yours to do what you want with as long as you're not on duty! Just be ready for class the next day.

PT wise you might do it 3 times a week and probably earlier in the morning before classes.

As far as C-schools go, those are on an as-needed basis by what the Navy/your future command needs at the time.
C-schools are given to Sailors so that they can become specialized in a specific task or field within their rate. For instance, I'm a CTT, but I could go get a C-school for OPELINT and get an NEC showing that I'm an expert in that particular subject.
HOW you get a C-school is based on if whatever command you're going needs that specific skill set. So if your future command just needs a regular CTR without anything special, then you aren't getting one. If they need someone that can do Morse Code, then you're gonna go to the Morse Code C-school and get that NEC.

90% of the CT C-schools are at Corry. You may go to some other smaller schools (that don't award an NEC) while you're at your command too. So don't think just because you aren't getting a C school that they aren't going to train the shit out of you. They will.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote