View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 01:46 AM   #14
IdeaGuy

IdeaGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by contigo26 View Post
I'm doing an internship at a healthcare facility with thousands employees with over different regional hospitals, hospices around the area, and I work at the operations center for IT where we do all of the call-centers, and support. We do use alot of softwares in monitoring every single equipment whether its (power supplies, switches, routers, phones, etc...)

One of the softwares we use called Solarwinds basically monitors all your devices and bandwidth connected on your network. Ensures and gives you real-time updates whether a device such as a power supply is running in battery backup, if it restarted on its own, when did it do that. It gives every information possible to be able to analyze the situation of that device.

The softwares are a great tool to analyze your networks and traffic.

How implementing your idea's to improve the systems?

An example I can relate to is when i worked at a past university campus. Our boss wanted to integrate wireless technology in all of the classrooms in the department where I worked. I was tasked with another to do research online, looking for products that will fit within reasonable budget and the features necessary needed.
Basically we setup this product which would allow us to be able to control everything from an iPhone which connects to that product wirelessly and be able to use your phone as a remote control. Your able to control turning on the projector, being able to switch modes, to a dvd player, control volume and stuff. There's alot more planning involved for bigger businesses but that's just one of the few planning phases to implement something.
Ohhh, that is sooo interesting. I never thought about it from that perspective.

My mindset is how could I use code to solve problems. As a programmer you get really good at solving problems, but the problem is you run out of problems to solve so you have to invent imaginary problems to solve. Lol.

So when a real problem pops up you're super excited to figure out how to use the programming languages you've spent thousands of hours learning to solve that problem. Lol.
IdeaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote