View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknyte View Post
I actually DO hold a secret clearance. I am a contractor. :P

Also, regarding being an adult, I'm 26 my friend. Just looking for some advice.

I went down the Recruiting Chain of Command (Recruiter > Chief Recruiter > Nuke Coordinator) and (Nuke) Chief stated it shouldn't be a problem. I am stoked I will be going to Indonesia for the holidays!

Nick,

I didn't mean to infer that you're not mature or anything. We just get a lot of 18 year olds here that haven't had experience with clearance work before. And already being a Gov Contractor is another rarity here, so sorry if that came off salty.

That being said though, you still apply for a new clearance as a military member. You can't use your contractor clearance for work on your military job, just as say a previous AD person would need to reapply if they take a government contract after they get out. They're separate things with separate paper trails.

And hey if you're CoC is good with it, then go for it! Just keep in mind it's probably going to be brought up down the road if you need further clearance work.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote