View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 03:04 AM   #175
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

Okay, so as far as selection of languages goes, it depends on 4 things: your dlab scores, your previous language experience (sometimes), your preference, and most importantly, what languages they have available the week you go to the cti detailer. He or she will also keep in mind stuff like wanting aircrew, because certain languages don't have slots for it.

The first time I went to see the detailer, he had all the Arabic dialects, Farsi, Russian, and Korean open. I had a score over 120 and experience with Japanese, so I got Korean. But due to an injury in boot, I wound up stuck there past the start date for my first class. The 2nd time, they had Chinese, Farsi, and Spanish open. I got Chinese.

Also, DLI is the same as Corry. You can't put on 3rd class before graduating your course and passing the DLPT.

The additional money you've heard of is probably the reenlistment bonus, which depends on your languages, but can pay pretty well. You also get language pay for any language you can get a 2/2 on the DLPT in (it isn't just for the one you study).
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote