View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #182
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego View Post
Hey Haasino, I swore in this past September at the age of 26 and will turn 27 in boot camp this coming May. I was wondering if it is realistic to put on E-6 by the time my first enlistment is done? I'll be 32 and would like to make E-7 some time after I re-enlist.
It's HIGHLY unlikely that you'll make PO1 in your first enlistment. It's been done before, but you have to be an EP Sailor, along with the conditions being perfect. But I would say 90% likely that isn't going to happen.

PO1, let alone Chief, is a HUGE mile stone in a Sailor's career that can take around 6-8 years (PO1) to about a decade (Chief) to make.

This isn't the Army or the Air Force.
You don't just get to rank up like that in the Navy. You gotta do your time and earn it. That's why becoming a PO1 or a Chief actually means something to us because it takes time, knowledge, and experience to earn that position and title.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote