View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #11
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just4Kixs View Post
Haasino,

I wasn't sure if it was you or someone else I read on this website about sending transcripts directly to the Navy College, but I read on here somewhere to send physical transcripts to the Navy College so that they have records of it. My question is, even if we sent official copies of our college transcripts to our recruiters and that they have copies in our "enlistement folder" that travels to us/gets sent to boot camp, won't the Navy College have copies of those anyway? Why do we need to send another round of official college transcripts to the Navy College anyway if we have records of it in our folder? Unless they never see those records lol. My recruiter said that they'll get copies of it anyway, unless they're lying too lol.
Also, if we were to send these offical transcript copies to the Navy College, when should we do so? During A school?

thanks in advance
That's correct. Here's the info I posted about it a while back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
I wanted to throw up some information for all of the Future Sailors and junior enlisted personnel who may not know the basic procedures for earning advancement points with your college degree. The specifics are outlines in NAVADMIN 301/07, albeit with some outdated info...

The basics are this: even though you gave your recruiter your college transcript and got E2 or E3 out of RTC, the Navy has not officially recognized your education for the purpose of advancement. In order to have your degree officially entered and recognized for advancement, you're going to need to arrange to have an offical sealed transcript sent from your college to the Virtual Education Center, which is part of the Navy College Program.

I'm not going to go too far into the details of it because most of your are a ways away from worrying about advancement to Petty Officer... but I just want to put the basics out there so that you remember to ask once you get through "A" School and are looking at competing for advancement. I wouldn't have known about the process myself if one of the guys on my crew hadn't just gone through the verification process himself.
To summarize, the transcripts you give to your recruiter only got recorded by MEPS for the purpose of giving you a higher paygrade... they need to be sent to the Virtual Education Center directly from your college in order to be properly and officially recorded. Photocopies of opened transcripts are apparently good enough to give you more money, but not good enough to be officially recorded. Once you get to A School and have access to NMCI computers, you can check your Electronic Training Jacket and NSIPS profile to double-check your education status... unless it specifically lists your degree, major, and college, then you'll need to have a sealed transcript sent to VEC.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote