View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
BloodyPheonix

BloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond reputeBloodyPheonix has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know first hand but I would assume that it's really rewarding to be an instructor because you get to see bright young sailors flourish under crazy stress and help the ones that are struggling, plus you'd have a more predictable slightly more laid back job than an RDC(where you are a professional hardass) or a recruiter.

Also about the rate thing I did a bunch of research on other forums plus this one when I was really considering NUKE. I've seen that the breakdown by rates is 25% to ET/EM respectively and 50% MM I think I saw that on this site. I've also seen that in the past your asvab and NAPT score would effect your rate. I heard from an ET whose whole a school class had auto qualled on the asvab while a class of MMs all barely made the napt cut. I've also heard similar things about the strand selection for the AT rate but recently that just seems to be the bean counters throwing bodies where they need them without regard for apptiude, so I imagine the NUKE pipeline has gone the same way.
BloodyPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote