View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
jzhaun
**Active Duty**

jzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud ofjzhaun has much to be proud of

From my experience: severe injuries, or ones that heal slowly, mental issues (depression, panic attacks etc), them discovering something medical they might have missed earlier (always slightly too high blood pressure and weird knees were two I saw) and not passing your run or swim.

They used to keep you there as long as you were motivated to stay for as far as swim/PFA failures went. But that changed while I was there - I want to say they settled on 10 chances for the run and 16 for swim. However they test swim more often than run, so swimmers would usually leave first, one way or the other.

Also if you get injured, heal, and then get injured again - they decide you're probably a bad risk.

I spent 2 months in the Recruit Convalescent Unit (which also housed PFA failures and FAST) from January to March of this year because of a stress fracture, so this information is accurate as of 8 months ago. Things change pretty frequently though.
jzhaun is offline   Reply With Quote