View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
KreTo

KreTo is on a distinguished road

Thank you!

I looked into it. I even tried an Air Force OCS application last year while I was in Grad School but was denied, I lost the slot to a 10 year vet who served in a NATO command... so I understand why I was denied. Anyway, My original intent when I started talking to my Navy Recruiter was to get info on the Navy Officer program. As of right now there is a 13% acceptance rate (or so I am told) for civilians who seek commission. PLUS there is long waiting list (nearly a year). I don't have that kind of time. I am currently unemployed, lost my job to downsizing in June last year, and my school loans are creeping up on me. I also haven't been able to find any job due to either being "over qualified" or "lacking experience". So 500+ applications and resumes later I figured I would go with a sure thing right off the bat and make SOME money/ get the education deferment asap.

But I figure everything will eventually work out. I would like to get a feel for the Navy lifestyle AND get some leadership training as an enlisted man under my belt before I seek commission.

Kregel
KreTo is offline   Reply With Quote