View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 06:22 PM   #272
NavyGirl2015
**Active Duty**

NavyGirl2015 is on a distinguished road

I'll give you guys an update on what NACCS does...
You start indoc the first Monday you are there. On the Tuesday of indoc, you will do the second class swim test which has to be done with perfect form or you get out into swim hold, on the Friday of indoc you will do your PST in, which is to see where you are. If you don't pass the "in" scores which is the passing score from bootcamp, you will be in pt hold. Then after indoc, most people are in hold for about one week until they actually class up. It's called backlog. People are in there waiting to be classed up, waiting for orders to leave for a school, people on security hold, and people who got dropped from aircrew waiting on new rates.
You will find out you got classed up on Thursday and you will meet with your class on the next day, Friday. This is where you will get to know your instructors. Andif I remember correctly, you will take the second class swim test again. Monday starts the real fun.

Week 1: I wouldn't consider it "hell week" but maybe just hell days. Like the first two days. You do like 3-4 stress sets in the morning, and in the afternoon you will go to the pool. You will get a brief before each swimming evolution and gradually add more gear. Starting in just swim suits and ending in a flight suit, boots, a flight vest, gloves and a helmet. If you are comfortable in the water you will be fine. Just don't freak out and remember the helmet floats. Week one ends with the mile swim on Friday. In the afternoons, you will have lessons taught to you by your instructor. Oh and on Thursday you will go on a 4 mile run with the grad class and backlog.

Week 2: Disney week. Mainly all of the hard stuff is over by now. You might have a couple stress sets on Monday morning to show the new class how it's done. (I didn't because I had a short week the week before and they didn't class anyone up). We did workout then, wasn't too hard. But this week is more classroom learning. The hardest part is staying awake. If you are non rescue swimmer, this is where you will find out if you will be fixed wing or dry AWS. This week is a lot more fun for fixed wing people because you get to go on the "rides". You will learn how to operate a parachute and how to fix any problems with it, some on land, some in the water. You will have class in the morning, and practical application in the afternoon. We did the in water parachute training on Wednesday and helo dunker training and the dunker on Thursday. After we did the dunker, we went through how to use a raft, what to do when we are rescued, ect. Friday is the PST out. You need 'good' scores to graduate NACCS. And yes, if you fail, you will get put into pt hold. I saw it happen.

Week 3: Congrats! It's graduation week! Monday is more classroom lectures. Tuesday is Tom Cruise Tuesday! This is where you will get issued all your flight gear in the morning, and learn how to wear and care for it in the afternoon. Wednesday morning you will play team sports with backlog and in the afternoon you will do graduation practice. Thursday is the big day! You will put on your fancy graduation shirts and lead a 4 mile run with your class, week 1 class and backlog. I had the pleasure of the rescue swimmer school join us because they had nothing else to do. After you get back you will do a couple stress sets with everyone and then go shower and put on your flight suit for the first time! You graduate around 10 in the morning. Just make sure the Aircrewman's Creed is nice and loud. Following graduation, you will change and then have graduation liberty. On Friday you will be back in backlog.

After you graduate you will be on grad hold waiting for orders. I was on grad hold for 4 weeks. During this time they will hold a grad meeting where you will make your wish list. To kind of put in perspective, we had the grad meeting on a Tuesday, I found out Wednesday I was leaving Thursday. It can happen really fast, or you could find out you are leaving in weeks. Just be ready.

This timeline might not be perfect because I had a short week during my class so events might be on different days when you will go through.

Good luck and Hooyah Aircrew!!

Last edited by NavyGirl2015; 11-15-2015 at 06:27 PM. Reason: More info.
NavyGirl2015 is offline   Reply With Quote