View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
kkat

kkat is on a distinguished road
Default CTI vs CTN vs CTT vs CTR vs CTM Stationing?

I realize things aren't quite so clear-cut, but generally speaking, would the following statements be true or false?

Firstly, in general, first tour = on a ship. Dream sheets aren't likely, and you'll be sent where the Navy needs you.

CTI:
ASVAB scores dictate what language you can learn. Likely to be at sea near the area of interest corresponding to that language, with very little travel elsewhere.

CTT:
6-year contract allows for longer schooling, thus more technical knowledge. Likely to be on ships. Lots of traveling to lots of places.
4-year contract correlates to less schooling, so more on the operational side of things. Likely to be on shore.

CTN:
Often stationed on INCONUS with very little/no travel. Rarely stationed OUTCONUS, but would most likely be on shore.

CTR:
Coin-toss as to where and how you're stationed?

CTM:
Live on shore but go out with ships, sometimes for months at a time? Or is that universally a thing for CT? Majority are in Japan on ships?

I know the job descriptions, the schooling timeframes, working environments (for the most part), and I realize a lot of stuff is confidential, but I'd like to have a general understanding of what my years might look like should I go this route, whether I'd be on a ship or on shore or INCONUS OR OUTCONUS.

Thanks in advance!!
kkat is offline   Reply With Quote