View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #207
futuresailorCTN

futuresailorCTN is on a distinguished road
Default Reserve CTN?

I signed a few weeks ago for CTN in the reserve. Would anyone happen to have some insight into what the job entails for reservists? I understand that most of what you do as a reservist is really just training, but are there ever any opportunities to support active duty CT's, federal agencies, etc. on drill weekends? Also, are there ever any opportunities for reserve CTN's to volunteer for deployments or is that mostly handled entirely by the active CT community? I've heard of some Army cyber guys doing this so I'm just wondering for the future.

Okay, one more question (maybe ); What kind of benefit does the reserve have on civilian job marketability? I'm about 3/4 through my comsci degree and I'm hoping to combine that with my reserve experience to eventually land some sort of federal cybersecurity position. Not to say that this is the only reason I'm joining the reserve, I'm just thinking long term.

If any of this has already been answered, just tell me because I'm sure I could have missed it. Thanks everyone!
futuresailorCTN is offline   Reply With Quote