View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #14
Temen
**Active Duty**

Temen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasino View Post
You just got there and are already in GW? Are you just that awesome, or did they finally turn it back into regular barracks?
Which one is the GW? I was in Foxtrot, I can't remember it's ship name for the life of me. If it's Foxtrot though, I know they really changed it at the end of February 2012 when I left. It turned into more like a C-School barracks. So I wouldn't doubt if someone messed that up and it's now back to a regular barracks.

Congrats jzhaun and welcome to Naval Aviation! AMEs for F-18s are much needed in these parts of California. I hope you enjoy Pensacola while you can.

In my experience, anyone can be promoted. I was the Dental Yeoman, and I got promoted. Being part of the division staff has it's benefits because you have more attention. When you do good it's more noticeable, but when you mess up (or the recruits you are supposed to be in charge of mess up) you really are in the spot light.

As long as you shut up, follow orders AS GIVEN, and be a TEAM player, you should be fine. Study hard and get the most out of the PT sessions as you can. You're there to learn military discipline and how to work as a team. Your career will see that you are in the middle of the ocean, stuck on a metal island. The only people you have around you are fellow sailors, you have to be able to work as a team with people you absolutely hate being around.
Temen is offline   Reply With Quote