Thread: Just graduated
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #20
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I will, it just seemed like a few weeks ago you were just here, and now you've graduated. I have friends that have gone through the Navy's Boot camp, and they always say that it is a life changing experience. Did it change you in any way? Do you miss anything about RTC or wish you could've done something differently? Was the swimming test easy? Those are the questions I have. It's good to hear from you again
I haven't noticed any changes in myself. But my parents tell me that I sound more mature and confident then I did before I left. As for doing anything different, I wouldn't change how I did anything. I mean, I really flew under the radar while I was there. But at the same time I feel that I learned a lot while I was there. I really don't miss anything about boot camp, hah.

The swim test was pretty easy. If you can back stroke, tread water, and prone float you will do just fine. If you try any of the other swim styles and cannot do it correctly you will be told to do the back stroke. Don't stress about it, just be confident in yourself. Also, be sure to pass the first time. If you don't you will have to go to swim classes twice a day, everyday until you can pass. And you don't want that to happen.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote