View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
Underwood

Underwood is on a distinguished road

Throwing my 2 cents in as I am an undes airman. When I got to my command you will get put into a division, probably something you don't want but hang out and see how they work. If your an e3 get a hold of the command career councilor and see what jobs are avaliable to see what you can really strike for. Like me as an example: I got to the BHR (in Japan) in January this year and was put into v4 division (ABF) and that isn't even close to what I wanted. I'm eligible to take the advance test in March but need a rate before I can take it. After talking to the CCC I only had 4 choices of jobs, none in the division I wanted. I could wait and pass up the chance to advance till my job I want becomes avaliable or take a chance with what I Got and possibly get 3rd class this March(going ABF) . It's all really a gamble going PACT. Yes you can "shop" around for the job you want but if it's not avaliable when striking and to take the advancement test you will be stuck as an e3 for another 6 months.
Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote