View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #10
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashohlee View Post
I was considering volunteering as well, but was not sure if it would be worth it. I did percussion (Bass drum, woot woot) in marching band in middle school...
I truly never recommend 900 division for deppers, but it's my own personal view. With 900 division, not only do you have to do the same boot camp requirements as everyone else, you also have to do the 900 division stuff.

For some reason, alot of deppers think that by doing 900 division you don't work harder in boot camp. That is totally wrong. You work alot harder. Out of all the years I've been helping deppers, the only thing I found good about 900 division is that you will preform at the PIR (boot camp graduation) for the divisions that graduate 2 weeks ahead of your own. Sometimes this will enable your parents to see what you look like eariler if someone at those graduations take a picture of you. When my nephew graduated (PIR), I took 90 pictures of the 900 division sailors. Then posted them on NavyForMoms. Those ladies were so happy to see their sailors 2 weeks before their own graduation....

So, there is nothing wrong with 900 division, but for me, it's not my cup-of-tea. I like things easy and smooth....

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote