View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 12:23 AM   #9
mscott1

mscott1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by contigo26 View Post
Which would you recommend 4yr or 6yr? I am still struggling whether i'm willing to to choose the 6th yr? Let's say i decided to choose the 4yr route... along the way will they allow me to switch to 6 or i'm stuck with what i signed for?

I'm just curious what kind of station you end up going after just A School and not C School (or stay longer taking classes)
I believe you are stuck with the contract, at least for years once you since at the last time at meps.
It's hard to say for a recommendation, I chose 6 years, because I knew that 6 years were an requirement for CTN, CTN is what I really want to do. So, the closest that was open was IT. I will either cross train into IT, or get my Dar approved, as soon as I ask my recruiter to submit it monday. I am unknown to what the limits of a System admin can and cannot do though. And apparently because there is 3 fields of IT, it depends on how well you do in A school and possibly what is open for the IT(which means I might not be doing System admin), that determines which sector of IT you go. At least it's how I see it. I could be wrong.
mscott1 is offline   Reply With Quote