View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #11
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I'll go to A-school in Great Lakes, so I thought I'd have to go right there and check in before liberty.
For 900 division after PIR we were allowed to go out for the weekend.. had to come back at night obviously.. but I don't think we were allowed to bring anything back really. We also had another week of school to catch up on after graduation. For non-900s, I'm not 100% sure but I would be surprised if they just let you leave after graduating and be done with RTC for good. I'm assuming (might be wrong) after graduating, you get your weekend off, then on monday or whenever, they hand out orders, plane tickets, etc.. then everyone heads their separate ways. If your A school is across the street then you will probably get on a bus or van and then they will shuttle you over. After you get all checked in, you may or may not be able to leave the barracks right away that first day. There is a Navy store on base so you could get pretty much all you need there.. if you wanted to leave the base, you could catch a taxi van or whatever and get a ride out in town. When I was there most people just stayed on the base. You will most likely not be able to have a car there with you while at A school.

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote