View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #19
dascolbert

dascolbert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaawifew/? View Post
My husband has been losing weight for a year, in attempts to join the navy. He has lost 80lbs but still needs to lose about 20 more. However he is just a few inches away from beimg able to get in on measurments. Is there any advice that could help him get over this plateau and/or lose the last couple of inches? Also he can not do very many push-ups, what should he do to get better at those?
I'm not sure if you are aware, but 1lb is equal to 3,500 calories. Daily life burns calories in and of itself. Since July I have been walking a mile a day(248 calories/4mph), and I've lost 40 lbs, 223-183. Drink water.

I also eat right: I eat dinner no later than 6, because soon after your body slows down for the day and stores it as fat. None to little saturated fat(you'll consume more than you realize), meaning fat free milk. Butter has I think 6.5g, 20%DV, saturated fat per tablespoon. Use Pam to grease cookware instead of butter. Low sodium broths, low sugar intake. Drink water.

Losing weight helps with doing more PT. Personally I could only do 5 pushups in July. I can do 25 now, so I have a lot to go. If he does more now than he used to do he WILL get stronger. Drink water.

Good job to him and good luck!

PS. Drink water.