View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Well CTT1 can give you better details next time he logs on... but since you're looking for laymen's terms:

CTM - Maintain and repair classified sensors and equipment.
CTN - Hackers
CTT - Electronic Intelligence... Radar signals, weapon systems, electronic countermeasures and such. Basically, non-communications ELINT.
IT - Basically just like civilian IT's... install, maintain, and operate the Navy's communications networks, from phone lines to NIPR/SIPR internet networks and beyond.

CTR - Communications-related Signals Intelligence
IS - From my own experience, IS' are the guys who maintain control of our classified publications, drives, etc. They also take intel from Office of Naval Intelligence and other sources and compile regular intel updates for us regarding who's doing what and where they're doing it.

There's more to all of that, obviously... but a lot of it are details I don't want to post on an internet forum, plus I can only really speak in depth on the CT's I work with.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote