View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawwz View Post
Sorry to revisit a previous question, but I wanted to know if this has to be a "pre-existing" something-or-another. In other words, would the need for retainers have to be declared in any kind of paperwork (MEPS medical docs or otherwise) before leaving for bootcamp? I remember my recruiter having me make a note on one of the first documents I filled out, but haven't been asked about it or seen anything regarding that since.

There's something else that's been bothering me as well. Is it true that it only takes the Navy 1-2 weeks to have all your past medical documents? The reason I ask is, I recently recalled a visit to the doctor in my freshman year of high school (which has been over 5 years) in order to get a physical done; it was part of the admission process. Then I also remembered that before I got my braces on, I had to visit an oral surgeon to get a tooth taken out of my gums.

Should I be worried about that surfacing any time in the future? My recruiter says no, but I figured I should look for a second opinion. I just don't want to be discharged for fraudulent enlistment later on.
First question is a maybe, I have a perm-retainer on my bottom teeth and I know didn't need to be listed but "temporary" retainers might.

As for the second part, to my knowledge they don't get all your medical history. They pull medical docs based on the info you provided them but getting every bit of medical history on you would take a lot of time and money for what in most cases would end up giving no useful information (plus lots of medical documents are lost/destroyed/otherwise unobtainable). I may be wrong on this though.

I think I've heard of the military looking into any possible med docs if you ever get injured. Say you hurt you knee, they might skim for medical history, for anything related to said knee.... Whole Fraudulent Enlistment situation.
FinnTheHuman is offline   Reply With Quote