View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #13
Craig
Administrator

Craig has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceywashere View Post
What about Saturdays? And are all Sundays the same??

This schedule is AWESOME by the way - I really don't even understand why the Navy doesn't publish a general BC schedule -- Other branches do (well, I know of one for sure ... NOT that I'm comparing ...)
Tracey -
The Navy doesn't publish it because they want you stressed out. They are trying to find those that can handle the military, and those that can't. If a sailor knows what's coming at them, then they have it easy, they know how to plan for it. Those that don't have a real hard time. For example, you know about the "Moment-of-Truth", you know not to stand up. But those that haven't checked out the various deppers forums will probably end up standing up, and end up getting booted out of the Navy.
I made this website to help you deppers. I want all of you to succeed in the Navy. I want your time in boot camp enjoyable. Why stress? Just laugh to yourself because you know what is next. My son was raised around my friends and he knew the Navy inside and out. While others were in boot camp freaking out, he was having fun doing stupid stuff. He had a really fun time. Why? Because he knew their plan. He knew exactly what they were looking for....

Next....
Saturday and Sunday are non-training day

Every recruit must finish 40 training days, which are broken into eight five-day weeks. Day 1-1 means "Week 1 Day 1" and Day 6-3 means "Week 6 Day 3." Each training day has a specified activity. Firefighting is on a certain day of training, so is weapons qualifications and division pictures. This helps the Navy keep from having too many divisions trying to do one activity on a single day. Example, the can't have 900 recruits in the pool at the same time. Divisions cannot "skip forward" because there are other divisions using the training room or equipment needed.

Typically there are two to four divisions on each training day. If Div 001 -003 starts day 1-1 on Monday, then Div 004-006 begins day 1-1 on Tuesday, etc.

Holidays do NOT count as training day. So if there is a holiday the next Monday, Day 2-1 will be on Tuesday. For December recruits holidays will include Christmas, New Year's, Martin Luther King Jr Day, President's Day and one other (I forget what it is). Some recruits may be at Great Lakes for as long as 10 weeks before PIR. Four fewer days of training due to holidays can mean an extra week of boot camp.

You may ask, if holidays aren't counted toward training, and they only get a half-day off for holidays, what are they doing that other half-day? Probably practicing their marching, or having uniform or locker inspections, or doing PT. You would not believe how much time is spent on practicing making and unmaking a bed (The Navy Way™) . And ironing lessons. And clothes folding lessons. Not all training is scheduled classroom work.

Last edited by Craig; 08-01-2016 at 11:29 PM.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote