Thread: Failed Swim
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 08:30 PM   #4
YN2(AW)Williams
**ActiveDuty**

YN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond reputeYN2(AW)Williams has a reputation beyond repute

So, can you back up a little bit and explain a little bit more thoroughly?

Unless they changed the rules since I was there last year, there is not really a time limit for swimming down the pool. You cannot dawdle, certainly, but you can use whatever method you want to get from one end of the pool to the other. Do you mean that he is not making it through the prone float portion? That is the only segment of the swim that is timed, and all you have to do is float.

As for leaving, he would be put into a holding unit to just twiddle his thumbs all day for anywhere from a week or two to several months. Jzhaun is right, it would be faster for him to actually finish boot camp.

Most importantly though, the fleet and life in the Navy will be absolutely nothing like boot camp. Boot camp is to teach you the basic knowledge and how to act while you are learning your job. I would advise that he try to accept that it will be tough, and stick it out. It really is not that long and if he puts forth everything he can, he will be a much better person for it.

I had people in my division who went all the way to the last chance to pass their swim qual before they did. The method is tried and true, he just has to trust that it will work if he does exactly what they say.
YN2(AW)Williams is offline   Reply With Quote