Thread: IT Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
Jp123

Jp123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wturner View Post
I'm new to this website so I hope I'm using it correctly. I am a 6 year ATF/IT, I enlisted on 20160615 and I am shipping out on 20170711. I don't fully understand how the timeline of advancing rank works. So is it correct that I will become E-2 as soon as I graduate boot camp and then I have to wait 9 months to get E-3 and then an additional 6 months to get E-4? Does TIR start from the time I am in "A" school? I wouldn't have to take a test to get E-4, just that it would be a total of 17 months of naval service including boot camp? My recruiter told me if I get 4 referrals then I will be paid as an E-3 in boot camp, so would that mean that if TIR starts in "A" school then I would be advanced to E-4 at the completion of the 6 month school? I appreciate you taking the time to read this and answer my questions.
Kinda crazy I am a 6y IT/ATF and i literally graduated this morning lol

you will become an E2 as soon as you graduate and that will start your E2 time in rate, then yes 9 months until E3. You get E4 once you complete school AND meet time in rate. So some people in my class who DEPed in as E3 are getting E4 next week because they already have time in rate of 6 months and completed their school. Id be happy to answer any other questions you have

"My recruiter told me if I get 4 referrals then I will be paid as an E-3 in boot camp, so would that mean that if TIR starts in "A" school then I would be advanced to E-4 at the completion of the 6 month school? " This is correct
Jp123 is offline   Reply With Quote