Thread: New CTM aboard!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
KaLinux

KaLinux is on a distinguished road
Default Navy Vet Unique Situation

Hello CTT1,

I have a little bit of a unique situation. I am a prior enlisted AE3 that HYT out of the Navy back in 2013. Right before I got out, I retook the ASVAB and my line scores (246) qualified me for the rate that I wanted (CTN). Now, I am attempting to enlist into the reserves as a CTN3 (550% overmanned, as of now). I have been playing the waiting game for CTN3 to open up. I have the options of going SELRES through either the PRISE-R program or DPEP. Most people don't know what DPEP is. Depending on the deciding authority, I'd be able to go into the reserves as a CTN3 or an IT3 solely base off of work experience, certifications, and college credits that apply directly to CT operator work.

I know that you may be partial to CT ratings but chances are, I might not get CTN3 because it's CREO3. Would it be worth the extra wait to get CTN? The reason behind me HYTing out was due to the fact that I kept getting overmanned rates. PS (AD)>AE (FTS). Also, if by some miracle I do have a chance at CTN, would I get disqualified due to the fact that I was very briefly married to a Jamaican girl who isn't a citizen? This wasn't a deep situation. Just young and really, really dumb. Mind you, this was 8 years ago.
KaLinux is offline   Reply With Quote