View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 07:22 AM   #55
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jody13 View Post
Hi ctt1.. My daughter got in trouble the other day at a meeting for using the term spook. . Kinda strange because everyone uses it? ?? She's leaving in 27 days. I'm freaking out. Should I go to Chicago for graduation. .I don't know how to plan to see her. . Hawaii is so far away. It's not easy or cheap to make lady minute plans. . Do they tell her things ahead of time enough for me to plan. Thanks again, jody 13
Jody,
I'm not really sure I see the issue in using that term. Although he might be getting after her since she hasn't actually earned the title yet. That I could see. As far as graduation, it's something you should try to make it there for. It's great seeing family after boot camp and you'll get to spend some time with her before she heads off to Pensacola. I highly recommend making the trip if you're able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSSparks View Post
Is it easy or hard to make rate in the CTR field? In theory, if people are constantly getting contractor jobs, wouldn't that make it easier because it frees up spots? Or does it just not work out like that?
Not everybody leaves for contractor jobs. The Navy over the last few years has been seeing record high retention numbers. That being said though, making rate as a CT is typically easier than most other rates. You'll get PO3 pretty fast, but PO2 and PO1 both are going to require some work and a few years. But overall we CT types rank up faster that most.

/r
CTT1
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote