View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherG View Post
Hi everyone! I just swore in for the first time (yay!) last Thursday. I was able to get the rate of AG (Aerographer's Mate) which is great as I had been wanting this rate in the first place. Now I know it's a relatively small field to be in but was wondering if anyone had any more insight (other than the general descriptions of what the rate entails) on the AG rating. I have heard several conflicting things such as AG's aren't actually stationed on ships these days, as well as duty sites are limited. Any information/advice would be great! Thank you!
"AG is classified as an INUS/OUTUS (in the U.S./Outside the U.S.) community, which means that instead of being assigned to ships, many of their overseas assignments are classified as sea tour duty for sea/show flow purposes. Aerographer's Mates are assigned as weather observers following completion of their initial training. An observer tour is required prior to attending Forecaster "C - School" (advanced training). Upon completion of Forecaster "C -School," follow on assignments as an AG will be for Forecaster Billets. Sailors in the AG community can expect to serve more than half their careers in operational support tours ashore. "

It sounds like more than likely you will be stationed on shore at a major base somewhere and you may even be sent to work with the AF and CG

I'm assuming it is a very small rating, so advancement may be very competitive so do everything you can to EP and pass your tests to advance

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote