View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #6
bushiwolf

bushiwolf is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I've been in DEP since August, and I leave for bootcamp very soon. I just wanted to know how the scores are earned. I've seen the ranges for the scores, but how are points awarded? Do you simply have to hit the paper? Or do you have to hit certain areas of the paper to get more points? Can you choose the head or torso, or will they tell you where you need to shoot? I guess my real question is: What is worth what?

I'm a gun owner and I love going to the range. I just don't normally put the target back at 15 yards, and unfortunately I am not going to have enough money to practice before I go. At 15 yards, my groupings get comparatively wide. At 7, if I have time to warm up, I can almost shoot out the little circle in the head so there's no more red circle anymore, but at 15...good luck to me!!!!! I need the entire head! And the same amount of space for the torso!
I hope I can get the expert marksmanship award though. It's really important to me... >_< Not sure if I have hope or not lol!
bushiwolf is offline   Reply With Quote