Thread: Need Advice.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #8
Auridan
**Active Duty**

Auridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond reputeAuridan has a reputation beyond repute

If you disclose now, it's a big deal to your recruiter, because the eye will swing to him more than to you ("Did you tell this recruit to 'forget' about this?").

Whether it bothers you right now or not is not much of an issue. But what happens if you break a bone in the same place you did before? The Navy will cover you for it UNTIL they discover your history and realize you lied to them. Some lawyer will make a case that you were trying to defraud the gov't for medical benefits, and you will have a nightmare of a time getting anything at all, much less keeping your nuke status or even your enlistment.

Further: All of those are joint injuries, and the complexity in those areas is such that the "broken bones heal stronger" theory is probably not going to hold true in your case, because there's so much more than bone involved. I am not a doctor, but I would be surprised if you're not more likely to re-injure yourself. (Your recruiter is also obviously not a doctor if he thinks broken bones are a "non-issue", when they expect you to recall every time you've had a 30-second traffic stop.)

I don't think disclosing before you ship will stop a nuke contract. It will reflect very poorly on your recruiter, who frankly deserves it, because nobody's going to buy that you "forgot" you've broken three wrists in your life. That's his problem as a shitty recruiter though, not yours. And I, personally, would not want that telltale heart bothering me for my enlistment or beyond. Tell your recruiter you WILL disclose your history at your next MEPS visit. If he wants to cover his ass, that'll give him his last chance. If he resists, take it to Chief.

If you're not happy with it, fix it, because ain't nobody gonna fix it for you.
Auridan is offline   Reply With Quote