Thread: MA Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Navy1013
**Active Duty**

Navy1013 will become famous soon enough

I can only help a little bit. But to answer what I know:

1. They can go with you, but enlisting for your first time and having a family you will not get oversea's orders.

2. If you go in as an E-3 you have to wait 6 months after training to try and advance.

3. What you need to prepare for prior is learning to wait and be patient. Having a family could be a lenthly process. It took me a while to enlist.

4. No question is a bad question, ask what you want to know and what would ease your mind to "sign the dotted line". Having a family, the military can offer more than a civilian job. Thats why I joined.

5. I have a friend that is an MA and he loves it, he was done a lot in his career. The advancements are the same as in any rate. But the numbers change every year of how many people will be advanced. Thats why you have to get great eval's and be the best at your job.

When you go to MEPS go with an open mind. Your recruiter cannot gaurentee MA or any job for that matter. But always remember you can chose a job at the start and once your in you can turn in a DAR requesting another job, such as MA (not gaurenteed either). If the DAR is not approved then you get in do the job you picked at MEPS for 2 years then transfer to whatever you want.
Hope this helps a little bit.
There is alot more knowledge on here than what I have so if I said anything wrong they will be able to correct me.
Good luck in your Journey to join the Navy
Navy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote