View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:27 AM   #20
notjustaUSNwife

notjustaUSNwife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM_Duke View Post
As crowded as the HM community is, do you think they'll squeeze in a few HMs that did really well in school into AAP?

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...s/1430-010.pdf
Let's put it this way, I put that package in and no one had ever seen it before so that was a pain AND I'm pretty sure it got eaten by zombies or something because multiple people had seen it but had no idea where it was routed. There's a Master Chief still trying to track it down but I've checked in at my first command so I'm pretty sure I'm SOL now. Based on that I'm gonna go with no but you can always try. My roommate asked her Chief how to get rank out of there. He flat out said you couldn't. I knew a mortician that got advanced but it was in her contract because they have to give civilian morticians an incentive to enlist since the Navy doesn't have training for that. Honor grad gets a FLOC. That's your pat on the back for your hard work which isn't too bad considering it's a point toward advancement and the good cookie doesn't count for advancement points anymore soooooo...long explanation to say your best bet is to work toward that number one spot and get the FLOC. Try AAP though...the worst that can happen is they can say no...or it can be eaten by zombies and disappear.
notjustaUSNwife is offline   Reply With Quote